I love coffee. Scratch that, I NEED coffee.
If you see me walking around without a coffee in my hand, then I'm probably on my way to Starbucks. My addiction is that bad. My other addiction is photography, and being able to focus on weddings has been a blessing. Weddings are full of such raw emotion, no words can describe capturing a couple falling in love all over again right in front the lens on their wedding day. To photograph those moments you are going to want someone who will make you feel comfortable in front of the camera, someone who is fun to be around, and someone who won't yell at your future in-laws on your wedding day :)
So here are a few things to get to know me better:
- I love coffee...it was worth mentioning twice.
- I have the most amazing wife in the world, and we have the biggest dog in the world, Stanley the St. Bernard...I love him and all the drool that comes with him.
- Our energetic son McCoy is already tired of daddy's camera in his face, and he's only a year and a half.
- I've been published on the front pages of The New York Times and USA Today, and just saying those words will continue to give me goosebumps until the day I die.
- I was born and raised in Seattle...and yes, I love the rain.
- Pulitzer Prize winner Berkeley Breathed wrote a novel inspired by one of my photos, which is just plain cool...he talked about the inspiration here:
- I love to travel...anytime, anywhere. Although my favorite place is the Tuscany region of Italy. Molto bella!
- I am a die hard Coug. I graduated from Washington State University and on my days off you will most likely see me wearing crimson.
- My wife is a die hard USC fan. Football seasons are very difficult to get through.
- I think I'm a good golfer.
- I taught a basic photography course at Southern Utah University for a few years, and I had a lot of athletes in my class because they thought it was easy...they thought wrong.
- My Mondays and Tuesdays are like your Saturdays and Sundays.
- I have been photographing weddings for over eight years, and before that I was a photojournalist...I LOVE telling stories with my camera.
- I can't live without my Apples...and I'm not talking about the fruit.
- My mom is my biggest fan, just look at the comments on all of my Facebook posts. She keeps me motivated, and I love her for that.
- Very few things in life can top just sitting on a boat in the Puget Sound having a good cigar with my dad.